So that you can bring your partner (wife or husband) to reside in the usa as a green card owner (permanent resident), you should be either a U.S. resident or card holder that is green.
Once the Form I-130 is authorized, it is delivered for consular processing together with consulate or embassy will give you notification and processing information. See form guidelines to find out more.
Green card owner (Permanent resident)
In the usa (through legal parole or admission)
File Form I-130. Following a visa quantity becomes available, apply to modify status to permanent residency making use of Form I-485. NOTE: Unless the beneficiary (your spouse) had a visa that is immigrant or work official certification pending just before April 30, 2001, the beneficiary should have constantly maintained legal status in the usa so that you can adjust status. See type directions to learn more.
Outside of the United States Of America
File Form I-130. Whenever Form I-130 is authorized and a visa is present, it is sent for consular processing plus the consulate or embassy will give you notification and processing information. See kind directions to learn more.
In the event that you or an associate of the household is within the U.S. armed forces conditions that are special connect with your circumstances. For information and extra resources, see the “Military” section of y our internet site.
The petitioner must submit to complete the process
- Type I-130 (signed with appropriate charge), with all required paperwork, including:
- A duplicate russian mail order bride of one’s civil wedding certificate
- A duplicate of all of the divorce or separation decrees, death certificates, or annulment decrees that demonstrate that most previous failed marriages joined into by you and/or your better half had been ended
- Passport style pictures of both you and your partner (see Form I-130 instructions for picture needs)
- Proof of all name that is legal for you and/or your partner (may include wedding certificates, breakup decrees, court judgment of title modification, adoption decrees, etc.)
- A duplicate of the legitimate U.S. passport OR
- A duplicate of one’s U.S. delivery certification OR
- A duplicate of Consular Report of Birth overseas OR
- A duplicate of the naturalization certification OR
- A duplicate of the certification of citizenship
If you’ve been hitched not as much as two years whenever your partner is issued permanent resident status, your better half will receive permanent resident status on a basis that is conditional. To eliminate the conditions on residence, both you and your spouse must use Form that is together using I-751 Petition to eliminate the Conditions of Residence. (remember that Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, is certainly not useful for this function.)
You need to use to get rid of conditional status in the 90-day duration prior to the termination date in the resident card that is conditional. In the event that you neglect to register during this time period, your spouse’s resident status may be ended and then he or she can be at the mercy of treatment through the united states of america. To find out more, start to see the “Remove Conditions on Permanent Residence centered on Marriage” web page.
To test the status of the visa petition, begin to see the “My Case reputation” web web page.
You file Form I-130, your spouse is eligible to apply for a nonimmigrant K-3 visa if you are a U.S. citizen, once. This can entitle them to come to the usa to reside and work as the visa petition is pending. To petition with this advantage, file Form I-129F. Remember that you’re not needed to register Form I-129F. Your spouse might wait abroad for immigrant visa processing. Nonetheless, looking for a K-3 visa are yet another technique her to come to the United States for him or. To learn more, begin to see the “K-3/K-4 Nonimmigrant Visas” web page.
You have filed Form I-130 for your spouse and/or minor children on or before December 21, 2000, your spouse and/or children may be eligible for the V visa classification if more than three years have passed since the I-130 was filed if you are a permanent resident and. To learn more about V visas, begin to see the “V Nonimmigrant Visas” web web page.
To learn more about “Adjustment of Status” inside the United States and “Consular Processing” overseas, look at matching connect to the proper.
In the event that visa petition you filed is rejected, the denial page will inform you just how to attract when you have to register the appeal. After your appeal kind plus the necessary cost are prepared, the appeal will likely be introduced to your Board of Immigration Appeals. To find out more, begin to see the “How Do we Guides”.
This part is for beneficiaries whom became permanent residents through a choice category.
You did, they may be eligible for follow-to-join benefits if you had children who did not obtain permanent residence at the same time. Which means you don’t have to submit a split form i-130 for your young ones. In addition, your kids won’t have to hold back any additional time for a visa quantity to be available. In this situation, you could just alert a U.S. consulate that you will be a permanent resident which means that your kiddies can put on for an visa that is immigrant.
Your kids can be qualified to receive following-to-join advantages if:
- The connection existed during the time you became a permanent resident and still exists, AND
- You received an immigrant visa or modified status in a choice category.
In case the member of the family (child) falls into this category and also you modified to permanent residency in the usa, you could submit the immediate following:
- Form I-824, Application to use it for an Approved Application or Petition
- A duplicate associated with the application that is original petition that you utilized to try to get immigrant status
- A duplicate of Form I-797, Notice of Action, for the application that is original petition
- A duplicate of the type I-551 (green card)
You can file Form I-824 for your child overseas with your Form I-485 if you are in the United States and have not yet filed to adjust your status to permanent resident. When simultaneously filing Form I-824, it doesn’t need any supporting documentation.
In the event that you received the immigrant visa offshore, you may possibly contact the nationwide Visa Center (NVC) for follow-to-join information. Direct such inquiry by giving an email to NVCInquiry@state.gov or by writing towards the nationwide Visa Center, ATTN: WC, 32 Rochester Ave., Portsmouth, NH 03801-2909.
If you think you’re in a forced marriage, are in danger of a forced marriage or are increasingly being forced to petition for the partner, go to our Forced Marriage page to know about your options accessible to you.